Posts Tagged ‘phone providers’
Moving into a new house is both an exciting and a stressful activity. Nevertheless, you should not allow the amount of work ahead to overshadow your excitement. Relocating is one of the most prevalent realities these days since more and more people are considering moving into a different place. The most common factors that lead to relocation could be due to work and acquiring a new property leads a family to move into a different locality. Therefore, it is vital to be aware of what you should do to prepare you and your family for moving.
Before moving, you should choose between moving yourself and hiring a moving company to assist you. If you decide on the former, be prepared to make a checklist to make sure that your moving is convenient and comforting not just for you but for the whole family as well. Following is a checklist for moving yourself into a new home.
1. Make sure that you plan ahead of time. Make your reservation with a truck rental company at least two to three months before your moving schedule. Make a written confirmation of your reservation, the expenses involved and complete details on your relocation.
2. Go through your home two months before moving and find out what you have to bring to your new home and what you decide to give or throw away. A garage or moving sale is also very helpful since this will add to your funds for your relocation expenses.
3. If you have kids and they are moving into a different school near your new home, arrange for the school transfer as early as two months before your scheduled move.
4. List down items that need extra attention and packaging such as computers, televisions, fine chinaware among others. Make sure you have the appropriate boxes and moving supplies such as packing tapes, tissue papers, bubble wraps or newspapers for packing.
5. Start packing a month before your move. You can begin packing items that you do not use regularly. Make sure to label and number them accordingly for an easier unpacking later. When packing, take note on items with significant value such as your stereo systems or your flat screen television.
6. In your local postal office, fill out a change of address with your new address. Ensure that you inform banks, cable and phone providers, credit card and insurance companies and your dentists and doctors of your new address.
7. Confirm your truck rental reservation two weeks before the scheduled move. If you wish, you may cancel or have your newspaper and magazine subscriptions transferred to your new home.
8. One week before you move, most of your things should already be packed and ready. Do not forget to pack a traveling bag with important items that you family will need on your moving day such as toothbrushes, change of clothing, toiletries, paper plates and cups and medications. Include several bottled water in your necessity bag and a few ready mix coffee or tea.
Consider a thorough check up on everything to make sure that you have not forgotten some important details. On your moving day, it is important to prepare yourself and your family not only physically, but also morally and emotionally since relocating into a new home is bound to be a significant transition especially for young children.